Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Keynote at Sydney Film Festival

A quick thank you to all the kind folk at the Sydney Film Festival and Screen Australia for inviting me to speak at their recent Industry Conference Day in Sydney.

It was great to be part of a line up including the legendary Thomas Mai and his wonderful insights into the future of film distribution. The need for connectivity and ease of sharing that Thomas spoke about certainly resonated with my own experiences and I was humbled to hear his opinions on crowd-sourcing, database development and hyper-distribution.

On top of his clearly well thought strategies, he is also a disturbingly nice guy.

Also thanks to Alex Fleetwood whom I had an engaging conversation with about the technological cultures of Australia versus the UK (and who inspired me to spend $20 on a Sherlock Holmes DVD).

So thanks to all and I look forward to many more presentations on social media in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment